In most businesses, there are a lot of moving parts dependent on each other to operate efficiently but this is especially true in Oilfield service and fabrication operations. E&P outfits demand performance and companies that can respond quickly with the right product or service when required, enjoy the lions share of projects. Progressive operators are relying on some software applications to increase customer service and response times but having a multitude of applications that are not connected can be a minefield .
Rather than complicating your operations with solutions that do not exchange data with each other it makes sense for small and medium businesses to consider an integrated software solution.
What is ERP
ERP is a business software solution the automates and integrates business management data and processes. Think of it as the glue that binds the different computer applications and systems together for an organization. Each department has its processes and systems for its contribution. With an integrated approach, each department still has its operational procedures, but it can communicate and share information across the rest of the company. In the past, ERP Software was only for big business, but with new technologies and capability developments, it has become an affordable necessity for Manufacturers and Oilfield Service companies to remain competitive against larger players. In fact it pays for itself in cost reductions and efficiency very quickly.
Instead of staff accessing multiple applications and time-consuming data porting between departments on spreadsheets, users enjoy an engaging, personalized experience giving them real-time access to all the information they need according to their role or job function.
There are in fact many advantages that result in time savings, improving customer service and increasing profitability.
- Any authorized user with a valid password and access to the network can access the system at any time for information specific to their department.
- Prioritized dashboards guide them to urgent tasks of the day.
- Approvals are automatically routed to the proper administrator
- Estimates are transformed into orders with accurate production and delivery details.
- Material and labour demands are automatically processed based on job requirements and what needs to be available for future urgent requests.
- Project and order requirements and fulfillment details are scheduled based on the commitments of the entire organization.
- Project margins and timelines are visible and manageable based on real-time information.
- ERP Software connects different technologies used by each part of a business, eliminating duplicate and incompatible technology that is costly to the corporation.
- A one database approach makes real-time visibility and control available from anywhere at any time.
- Data can be can organized in multiple ways that management can interpret readily
Where do I start?
ERP Software functions like a central nervous system for a business. It collects information about the activity and state of different divisions of the entire operations landscape and makes this information available to the departments where it can be used productively. It helps a corporation become more self-aware by linking information about sales, demand, engineering, production, field operations, finance, and distribution. (Neil, why is corporation a hyperlink to an outside page? Is this paragraph needed?)
For more information on how a proven Cloud-based ERP system can reduce costs and streamline your operations and increase your profits contact email@example.com.